29 January, 2010

In The President OBAMA's word

IT'S NOT MY FAULT

- "One year ago, I took office  amid two wars, an economy rocked by a severe recession, a financial system on the verge of collapse and a government deeply in debt."

- "We can't afford another so-called economic 'expansion' like the one from the last decade-- what some call the 'lost decade.' "

- "At the beginning of the last decade, the year 2000, America had a budget surplus of over $200-billion. By the time I took office, we had a one-year deficit of over $1-trillion and projected deficits of $8-trillion over the next decade ...All this was before I walked in the door."

OK, SOME OF IT IS MY FAULT

- "Now, even after paying for what we spent on my watch, we'll still face the massive deficit we had when I took office."

- "I campaigned on the promise of change--change we can believe in, the slogan went. And right now, I know there are many Americans who aren't sure if they still believe we can change--or that I can deliver it."

BUT I FEEL YOUR PAIN

- "I know the anxieties that are out there right now."

- "I realize that for every success story, there are other stories, of men and women who wake up with the anguish of not knowing where their next paycheque will come from; who send out resumes week after week and hear nothing in response."

IF WE COULD ALL JUST WORK TOGETHER

- "And what the American people hope -what they deserve-is for all of us, Democrats and Republicans, to work through our differences; to overcome the numbing weight of our politics."

- "But what frustrates the American people is a Washington where every day is Election Day."

- "In this new decade, it's time the American people get a government that matches their decency; that embodies their strength."

BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA

- "America prevailed because we chose to move forward as one nation, as one people."

- "Well, I do not accept second place for the United States of America."

- "Let's leave behind the fear and division, and do what it takes to defend our nation and forge a more hopeful future-for America and for the world."

- "In the end, it's our ideals, our values, that built America...These aren't Republican values or Democratic values that they're living by; business values or labour values. They're American values."

- "Despite our hardships, our union is strong. We do not give up. We do not quit. We do not allow fear or division to break our spirit."

HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT A FIGHT

" ... when I ran for President, I promised I wouldn't just do what was popular --I would do what was necessary."

- "So, no, I will not give up on trying to change the tone of our politics."

- "There will be difficult days ahead. But I am absolutely confident we will succeed."

BUT I CAN ALSO BE FUNNY

- On the bank bailout: "I hated it. You hated it. It was about as popular as a root canal."

- On cutting taxes: "I thought I'd get some applause on that one." (Looks at Republicans).

- "I never thought that the mere fact of my election would usher in peace and harmony."

OR I CAN BE A BULLY


- "People are out of work. They're hurting. They need our help. And I want a jobs bill on my desk without delay."

- "And if the [financial reform] bill that ends up on my desk does not meet the test of real reform, I will send it back until we get it right."

- "Like any cash-strapped family, we will work within a budget to invest in what we need and sacrifice what we don't. And if I have to enforce this discipline by veto, I will."

MY BIG FINISH

"The spirit that has sustained this nation for more than two centuries lives on in you, its people. We have finished a difficult year. We have come through a difficult decade. But a new year has come. A new decade stretches before us. We don't quit. I don't quit. Let's seize this moment -- to start anew, to carry the dream forward, and to strengthen our union once more."

No comments: